Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official anime show thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 am 

User
User

now i want to watch .hack thanks guys back to my addiction

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:21 am 

Retired Staff Gold
Retired Staff Gold

Sounds like .hack

Does it have a manically depressed main character trying to find himself in increasingly monologued scenes?

No, I guess this might be super minor spoilers but, it all happens in the first episode. The main character was a beta tester for the game, And basically idolizes the guy that created it, so let's just say he is pretty fucking good at it. And rather then get too depressed and kill himself(like a lot of people do) he embraces it and kicks ass. Plus if you've ever played an MMO you can really appreciate the things that come up in the show that turn out to be a really big deal when you actually live in that mmo(cooking skills fishing skills etc.) It really is pretty masterfully done(for the first 15 or so, cant really say how i feel about whats going on now).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 am 

Well, I'm sick, and I've been matching up with more dumbasses than usual in HoN. Perfect time to try out a new anime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:02 am 

Sword art was good but I didn't bother finishing it after the 'game' ended. The first episode of the next season just introduced a raft of japanese cliche that always takes over when they run out of ideas and I had no interest in it.

Eureka 7 AO was a terrible disappointment. It looked like something made by fans, that is it completely ignored the original story except to steal random bits from it. Then it went on to introduce standard japanese cliche (super powered evil avatar of truth flying around) that made no sense. The confusing part was that by the end it seemed to want to set itself up as a prequel even though it had elements from a (crappy) sequel.

So stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 pm 

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Eureka 7 AO was a terrible disappointment. It looked like something made by fans, that is it completely ignored the original story except to steal random bits from it. Then it went on to introduce standard japanese cliche (super powered evil avatar of truth flying around) that made no sense. The confusing part was that by the end it seemed to want to set itself up as a prequel even though it had elements from a (crappy) sequel.

So stupid.

It was more of a side story and not a direct sequel to e7 it has a different primary cast and the characters from the previous series are all basically gone except Renton and Eureka. Truth was a secret that reverted to human form after eureka teleported all the scub quartz when she traveled to their universe the first time because it didnt know what to do when the quartz disappeared. He basically went crazy when he finds this out and wants to use the quartz gun to redo history so he doesnt revert or something. I dont see how you thought it was set up as a prequel. Not necessarily saying it was good, I didnt really enjoy it either, but that stuff was explained in the show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 am 

Alright so I skipped through the last episodes. I thought of it as a prequel because Generation Bleu was clearly set up as a precursor and they even used a fallen tower as a base. A sequel because Eureka and Renton's son was the protagonist and, at the final episode, it clearly showed the "allied forces" having designed the big B2-like jets that we see so often in Eureka 7.
However it didn't make sense for either because they added that ridiculous quartz, forgot about the retreat to space after scub entombed the world we know, and threw eureka in there for the pleasure of the fans.

The first few episodes had me thinking that it was going to be a decent sequel, that Eureka and Renton had lived on and their progeny would face a new problem in reconciling the scub or whatever since it was never really solved in the first one anyway. Shame, that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 am 

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

I think the way they explain it is that the setting is an alternate timeline/universe to the first season, where Eureka (and Elena) somehow got transported via a scub burst and gave birth to Ao in this time line, but she can only temporarily exist in a timeline before phasing out. This is kind of why in the last episode Ao wants to reunite Renton and Eureka using the gun to manipulate time or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:49 pm 

Retired Staff Gold
Retired Staff Gold

Dat new naruto O_O

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 pm 

New naruto?
I watched the 10 or so episodes of the main story between the hundreds of filler a while ago, are they back on the main story?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 pm 

Retired Staff Gold
Retired Staff Gold

296 was back on main.

Here are the filler lists for both shows.

Naruto (1-220)
Episode: 026 (recap show)
Episode: 097
Episode: 101-106
Episode: 137-140
Episode: 143-219
Anything after 220 is filler.

Naruto Shippuden
Episode: 057-070
Episode: 091-112
Episode: 144-151
Episode: 170-171
Episode: 176-196
Episode: 223-242
Episode: 257-260
Episode: 271
Episode: 279-281
Episode: 284-289
Episode: 290-295

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 am 

User
User

Currently rewatching code geass and starting on darker then black, just finished eden of the east a while back. CG has got to be an incredibly well written and thought out series that captures you through both seasons. I feel like death note dropped the ball on the second season. Too many mindgames, not enough direct action like CG.

A lot of great torrenting communities got shut down. Where do you guys watch your shit from in good quality?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:36 pm 

Retired Staff Gold
Retired Staff Gold

I use
www.animefreak.tv
www.hulu.com ( i have a plus accound I may be willing to share loner)
sometimes crunchy roll.

Also, stop everything you are all watching and go watch steins;gate and realize all other anime is inferior.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm 

I use
http://www.animefreak.tv
http://www.hulu.com ( i have a plus accound I may be willing to share loner)
sometimes crunchy roll.

Also, stop everything you are all watching and go watch steins;gate and realize all other anime is inferior.

Just finished Naruto (up to current) so, I will.
I love how Naruto just keeps getting worse. So many plot holes. No shadow clones or you die! Then he uses shadow clones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 pm 

User
User

I use
sometimes crunchy roll.

Yes, massa.

I'm a few episodes in on steins gate and the feeling of "what the hell is going on here" has turned into "what the hell this is amazing!" is slowly starting to fill in!

Definitely recommend S:G for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 pm 

Retired Staff Gold
Retired Staff Gold

I use
sometimes crunchy roll.

Yes, massa.

I'm a few episodes in on steins gate and the feeling of "what the hell is going on here" has turned into "what the hell this is amazing!" is slowly starting to fill in!

Definitely recommend S:G for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!

The best part is, unlike most new anime that just falls off, the ending is amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next