Welcome to Blizzhackers
(formerly Blizzhackers.com => EdgeOfNowhere.cc)!
This is a privately owned site. As such, there are rules that need to be followed, and judgements and actions are carried out by the select Staff
. In the end, we retain the right to terminate your account and prohibit your ability to create new topics and replies for any reason we deem necessary. That said, this site now has a very lax community and tone. However, there are a few rules we would like you to follow. All rules are subject to change at any time.Contact Us
If you have any issues and need to contact someone for assistance, the best way to do it is through our IRC channel
. If needed, you can always send a PM to Flaming_cows
(Development Administration), Mibz
(User Administration), or Dark_Mage-
(Content Administration). Alternatively, you can send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org
' or 'email@example.com
'.General Posting Rules
Failure to following these guidelines may result in your thread/post being locked/trashed/edited or certain forum permissions revoked.
Blizzhackers Forum Ranks
- This site's exclusive language is English. Use it in your posts.
- Using the best possible grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling is strongly encouraged as it will make your posts easier to read with a higher chance of receiving good replies.
- Don't make topic titles in all capitals or use excessive symbols. Make the title as accurately descriptive of the topic as possible.
- Do not make pointless topics, spam, or "tests." Your new topic should resolve with incentive to provoke replies.
- Make sure your new topic is placed in the best-suited forum. e.g., Do not make a new topic about how much "d3 sucks" in the "Research & Development" forum.
- Flaming and unrelated arguments will be split from topics and trashed. Consistent flaming will be punished.
- Constant racial slurs and epithets will be punished.
- If you link to any NSFW/18+ content, do not directly embed pictures and be sure to include [18+]/[NSFW] tags.
- If you post something from another source, cite them. Plagarism is not tolerated.
- If a Moderator takes action against your topic or reply, do not make it a public issue or repost the content.
- If you have an issue with a Moderator, contact the appropriate Section Leader or an Admin.
- There is ZERO tolerance for any of the following:
- Child pornography or anything questionably related
- Posting Malware deceptively. i.e., Non-educational, etc., but trying to infect users
- Attempting to fake a death (yours or another user's)
- Unsolicited referral links (any links gaining you rewards per click)
- Unsolicited advertisements of any kind
- "Doxing", or posting personal, sensitive information of other users or people.
- Discussion of hacking, cracking, warez is allowed, but if we receive a legal request to remove content, we will comply with law
- Do not attempt to exploit the website or 'break' posts by manipulating bbCode. Report all bugs found to Flaming_cows.
- Do not start a new topic just to converse with one other user.
- Don't make a post to complain about current staff or ask for a position. Inquire with an Admin or Section Leader.
- Don't create threads to discuss banned members. If you have a query about a ban, contact an Admin.
- Don't create a new thread about a previously locked or trashed thread.
- You are only allowed one account on the forums. Do not "multi" or use a "smurf account" without permission.
- Do not impersonate staff.
- Do not attempt RMT (Real Money Trading) or trading CD-keys. The site used to, but currently does not support out-of-game trades. We take no responsibility for any transactions taking place via the website.
- All posting rules apply to Private Messages. Please report any PM you receive breaking the rules. It helps greatly.
- PM privileges have been disabled for fresh accounts to prevent PM spam. This includes both read and write permissions.
NOTE: All groups and ranks are private and elected.Donations
- Site Dev - Manages the code and backend of the site. Keeps things running smoothly in the backdrop.
- Admin - Manages the forum itself and the users.
- Section Leader - Manages the Moderator team and content of one or more sections of the forum. These are the senior Mods that showed good leadership abilities.
- Moderator - Manages topics and replies within select forums. These are users that have shown exceptional interest, maturity, and judgement.
- Moser / Trial Mod - Mod-Users given trial or fractional Moderator permissions. Most Users will probably get this before receiving full Mod status.
- BHDev - Users that have notably contributed to project development in some fashion.
- Gold - Users that have donated $10 or more to the site's funding. Donations are used strictly for paying service fees and received strictly for charity. Users receive no additional perks aside from "Gold" ranking.
- User - Every person on the site is a user. This is the most imporant class!
- Idiot - Foolish, senseless user not to ever be taken seriously.
- Scammer - A user known and proven to have deceived and scammed another user.
- Banned - Revoked posting access and loss of all permissions.
Blizzhackers is currently ad free and (Mule Factory now has an ad in the header)
relies on your donations to stay alive. Please note that we do not accept donations for any provided hacks. Only donate with the intentions of helping to keep this wonderful community alive through, hopefully, another decade.
The minimum to receive "Gold" status is $10. Please be aware that, at this time, you will gain no entry to any sort of secret forums, and you will receive no other perks or anything like that. If you need your rank upgraded to gold, you will need to contact Mibz
with your info. Be sure to fill out the "Tell us your username" field when donating so they know who to give Gold status to. Include your username in the comments field!Signature & Avatar Rules
Game Hacking, Research, & Development Rules
- No nudity, gore, racism, or overtly offensive materials.
- Copying the signature and avatar of a staff member is strictly disallowed. This does not only apply to direct copies, but also slight variations, imitations, and parodies or anything else that may be considered linked to a staff member.
- Copying the signature and avatar of another user is against the rules if the original user has an issue with it.
- There is no need to create a new post with the purpose of viewing your new avatar/signature. They are retroactive and changes can be seen via previous posts.
- Signatures shall be no larger than 500x150. and 1MB.
- Avatars shall not exceede 100x100 and 500kb
- Do not use the artwork of others or copyrighted work as your signature/avatar. They will be removed and sig/ava permissions will be revoked if you are reported.
- Do not use excessive images or text in your signature.
- Users will receive one verbal warning for signatre/avatar violations. Incidents thereafter may result in loss of signature/avatar privileges.
These rules apply to any forum about "Research", "Development", "Hacking", etc. All "general" rules apply to these sections. In addition:
- When posting binaries, source code, exploits, hacks, cheats, mods, utilities, etc. give proper credit where it is due to the best of your knowledge. Plagarism is not tolerated.
- Do not ask for support in non-support threads if an appropriate one is provided. e.g., "Can't get this program to work..." in "Diablo II Hacking".
- Do not beg for hacks or exploits.
- We encourage questions in an appropriate knowledge-seeking behaviour, but do not do it excessively or expect spoon-feeding.
- We do not condone the monetization of exploiting video games. Do not ask for or offer money or compensation for hacks, exploits, etc. It is strictly forbidden.
- Hacks, utilities, or exploits that potentially directly prevent companies from gaining money or cause monetary damages are strictly forbidden.
- It is recommended you have *some* fundamental programming knowledge when posting in these forums as hacking almost always requires some basic programming skills.
- Posting hacks, utilities, or exploits that scam other players is frowned upon.
- Posting malware of any kind with intent on infecting our users through deception is not tolerated.
- Search before you ask.
- If you are posting binaries, please include the source code. If you wish the source code to remain private, you can contact Flaming_cows or Dark_Mage- about it.
- When making a new topic that you believe belongs in a "Program & Exploits" forum, post it in the corresponding "Development" forum. Only Mods can move/create topics in this section once they are evaluated and approved. (Providing source code greatly speeds up this process.)
Blizzhackers, in absolutely no way in the past/present/future, condones the sale or profiteering of hacking/exploiting Blizzard games. We like to think that breaking the ToS/EULA is up to you, you should be accountable, and Blizzard is the one responsible for enforcing action towards the proper parties and protecting their software, network communications, and environments. We are simply a medium for sharing information freely. That said, we will allow discussions regarding the cracking-of and cracked-versions-of "pay hacks". No advertisement to buy a license from the project's author is ever permitted. Please report this if you see it.
None of the Blizzhackers want you to bug them by submitting an offer of currency for the design of your own hacks or the details of exploits. We will gladly set you on the path of learning to hack your own way out of the paper bag for FREE. That's what we're about. We will not "update the source code of [name of crappy 'Triggz' hack]", etc. for you. Questioning an author of a hack with regard to upgrading a past project for a current game patch is somewhat acceptable as long as it isn't in an annoying manner and hasn't been asked a dozen times before.
We are not about promoting illegal activities like "carding" and such. Keep it off this message board. We do not like seeing server emulation that may interfere with the capacity of Battle.net's well-being, but you may feel you have a right to design such a system - or maybe even competitive software - and we won't shun you if you wish to discuss such practices through theory and documentation. Please just use your best judgment when you tread on Blizzard.
We *may* allow you to advert for accepting donations solely for your time spent in a development environment or contribution to the welfare of a community. It is best to check with myself or Flaming_Cows first. We *will not* allow you to accept donations for reasons of exploiting or modifying Blizzard software and other intellectual properties, nor for time spent researching data involving Blizzard software, other IPs, or network communications.General Warning Regarding URLs and Binaries
As you have probably noticed, with the release of Diablo III, there has been an increase of spam with malicious intent posted. This is to be expected, but you should employ liberal caution and skepticism with any links posted. As common sense should dictate, even more so with any user who has just joined and displays suspicious content in their posts. I do my best to make sure everything gets removed as quickly as possible. When a program/hack/exploit is validated by a staff member, it will be moved to the appropriate forum with limited permissions to normal users (i.e., Diablo II Bots & Programs, Diablo III Programs & Exploits forums -- only staff members can move or create new threads in these sections). There are very rare occurrences where a "validated" binary might actually have malignant code deeply embedded and hidden within that fails to be exhumed and goes unnoticed. It happens. Therefore, ultimately it is up to the end-user (you) to validate and analyze all content you choose to download or execute from this, and any, site. While we would much prefer all of our home projects to be open-sourced, for various reasons it is not always applicable. Often this will lead to ripped code that is sold under a different brand name, or it could even aid in the detection of hacks. Also to note, Blizzhackers has never, and will never, support and condone the sale of hacks or exploits. This is not allowed here. Profiting from the exploitation of video games is not honored in these forums.
Here are some popular online malware analysis services that you can use:
- VirusTotal - Malware analysis and lots of other useful info.
- PhishTank - Phishing URL community database.
- Anubis - Extended malware analysis and behavior reports. Can also check JS and Flash files with Wepawet.
In the end, the only sure way is to manually analyze the files yourself. You can find various decompilers, disassemblers, etc. here: http://bhfiles.com/files/Dev.Toolkit/
though it has been a while since the directories have been updated.