Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Release] Dupe & Rollback method
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm 

Nearly Banned
Nearly Banned

nvm. patched now

Last edited by jesterj88 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 am 

User
User

It still works... but not for long. This is EAST

If someone would be so kind as to update me on their list, that'd be cool...

bad
100,101,103,104,105,107,108,109,110,111,116,117,119,120,122,123,124,125,127,128,129,130,136,137,138,140,141,142,145,146,149,150,151,152,153,156,157,158,159,161,162,163,

good

Just attempted on 139 (USE) and was R/D'd, so they're patching this fast. Was fun while it lasted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:14 am 

Nearly Banned
Nearly Banned

patched,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 pm 

User
User

nvm. patched now

Still works, there's at least one IP on your "Good" list still works on east.

What to do:
Test / find which IP you don't realm down on when performing the dupe.
Run IP hunter script for that specific IP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:05 pm 

User
User

discard 144, 165, 102 (not listed)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 pm 

User
User

It doesn't have to spawn in act5 it only needs to be at least one to have the 0x51 packets with the NPCids, that's why you RD because you cannot 0x44 NPCs.
When you join a game NPCs are first assigned then objects and you will see 0x51 packets with NPC ids, that's why it works and might be fixed in 1 week.

so if i find the ip on a different char...how do i make that work?

im trying to locate ips using other chars then bring in my 2x barbs and other chars but every time i find a ip on lets say my gold sorc and i go to do it on a ip i know is working i r/d when putting the pot into laz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 am 

Nearly Banned
Nearly Banned

It was a fun 4 more days. Thanks IP 147 and Blizzards failure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 am 

User
User

The ID of the vendor NPC must be the same ID of an object, else it doesn't work. It's more likely to have the ID during a spawn because there are usually more objects than NPCs so changing areas creates a difference between IDs it's still possible because certain areas only have a few objects and more mobs.

The fix is pretty simple. Add an offset to either NPC or Objectgeneration and the ID generation isn't synched. It's also possible Blizzard is generating unique IDs in that case it will be easy to crash the server just by cycling through areas filled with gold, monsters and NPCs.

Then they could lock IDs which opens another box of exploits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 pm 

User
User

The ID of the vendor NPC must be the same ID of an object, else it doesn't work. It's more likely to have the ID during a spawn because there are usually more objects than NPCs so changing areas creates a difference between IDs it's still possible because certain areas only have a few objects and more mobs.

The fix is pretty simple. Add an offset to either NPC or Objectgeneration and the ID generation isn't synched. It's also possible Blizzard is generating unique IDs in that case it will be easy to crash the server just by cycling through areas filled with gold, monsters and NPCs.

Units are already seperated by type, having same id shouldn't be a problem. blizzard obviously added some dumb condition in the 44 handler (omg blizz corrupt!)
The fix for this dupe is simple, as it relies on one function that clears you when some npcs are removed. In fact, they already fixed it for Jerhyn long ago. If they had not made it jerhyn specific back then, this dupe would have long gone already. It seems like the latest fix is just that, you won't get cleared if you are not interacted with the npc. Simple.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:52 pm 

User
User

Units are already seperated by type, having same id shouldn't be a problem. blizzard obviously added some dumb condition in the 44 handler (omg blizz corrupt!)
The fix for this dupe is simple, as it relies on one function that clears you when some npcs are removed. In fact, they already fixed it for Jerhyn long ago. If they had not made it jerhyn specific back then, this dupe would have long gone already. It seems like the latest fix is just that, you won't get cleared if you are not interacted with the npc. Simple.

Sadly it was a simple fix but they left some ips unpatched :facepalm:

same old good blizzard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm 

User
User

Are their still working ips? Or did they finally fix the remaining servers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm 

User
User

Are their still working ips? Or did they finally fix the remaining servers

there are still servers that havent been patched yet... people are still offering hybrid service on jsp on ladder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm 

User
User

East?

I was making them until yesterday. Then my ips seemed to stop working of its still up I'll search again

i made a list off all the ips removed the ones i know to be bad and am now searching down a list of like 30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 pm 

Blizzhacker
Blizzhacker

The fix is pretty simple. Add an offset to either NPC or Objectgeneration and the ID generation isn't synched.
There was a period of time during the middle of 1.10 when this was actually the case; the different entity types weren't synced. A subsequent patch reverted back to the old ways of syncing the different entity types.

As you've noted, changing the sync isn't a fix at all. It just makes the method more difficult, perhaps verging into the realm of impractical. It would be just about the dumbest possible attempt at a 'patch', which I guess would be par for the course.
Units are already seperated by type, having same id shouldn't be a problem
There are some concerns with sharing IDs, which is why it was (temporarily) addressed in 1.10.
Sadly it was a simple fix but they left some ips unpatched :facepalm:
There are many simple ways to fix this dupe, but every step along the way they have not taken the simple approach. Instead they seem to go out of their way to come up with some 'clever' fix that falls flat on its face. Based on my understanding of the most recent 'fix', there should be multiple ways to still dupe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:34 am 

User
User

Quote:
Units are already seperated by type, having same id shouldn't be a problem

The only reason the method worked is because NPC and 0x44able Object were the same so the 0x44 handler got bypassed.

You were just using 0x44 on a non existing object. I don't have D2 installed right now, according to the postings the noobs RD on 0x44 meaning they try to use 0x44 on a nonexisting/mode5 object. You are misleading here for following reasons->No serverrestart, "Unfixed servers" which differ, extended downtime during an elaborated troll.

I am fairly certain that my theory how they fixed Jehryn is correct. Do you really think they added something like

if(pUnit->Type == 1 && pUnit->dwTxt == 205)
ClearInteract;

That would be pretty retarded, especially because you cannot do certain actions on the other fixed NPCs. If they all show the same behavior on certain actions then you will know they got fixed.

My weird wording is giving hints and those who know it get it instantly.

Units are already seperated by type, having same id shouldn't be a problem.

There are indeed edgecases where it IS a problem. The result is a servercrash caused by trust and redundancy.
I expect the infinite monkey theorem will play around that and find it by accident and certain someone know where to look at finds the needle in the small haystick, when I go deeper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next