Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: [!] 𝐹𝑂𝑅 π‘πΈπ‘ŠπΏπ‘Œ 𝑅𝐸𝐺𝐼𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐸𝐷 π΄πΆπΆπ‘‚π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π‘†
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:25 pm 

Administrator Gold
Administrator Gold

I'm going to clarify the situation again since there is an increase in registered accounts recently and people needing assistance. There is an issue with BH and Google's mail service. The SMTP server has been axed again for a while now, and you've probably noticed that no forum mechanism will send out e-mails. If I disable forced e-mail account activation, that would obviously create a different issue. So, if you register a new account, you won't be receiving the e-mail for activation. An Administrator must manually activate your account.

Join our main IRC room irc://irc.synirc.net/bh || http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=c0c7 ... nnel=%23bh and send:
Mage: I need an account activation for <exact account name>

I'll get to it when I can, but probably pretty quick. If traffic increases greatly, and I start becoming too busy, I will try to set up a script to automate it on a laptop. This is the only plausible way to do it until such time as Flaming_cows can set up a new mail server.

This also means that password resets are impossible. I've been doing it for some people, but I'd rather not do it any longer due to the evident security issue that could create. If, however, you need the password changed on an account you still have access to, you can PM me on the forums with that account and the string you want it changed to. Be sure to save (somewhere else like a LastPass note or in a text file) whatever password you PM me so when I get around to changing it you are still able to log in. This is the only way to do it so make it unique.

I know, it's quite a covfefe, but that's the only option at this time.