Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 6:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: D2BS v1.4 - Release Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm 

User
User

That is basically what I'm implementing. So I guess I am kinda coding my own OOG. Just stuck on a problem with bobite's OOG not accepting the pause command.

It will keep track of accounts/passwords, etc...

Only difference is it is drop muling. I was planning and had partially implemented what you are talking about, where it requests a mule, a mule is logged in in a different window and creates a game and then the bot goes and dropped stuff off. But I thought about it and it didn't really make sense. Why would you just have a cdkey set sitting there doing nothing waiting for you to request muling? It would actually be stopping a different bot from running in order to do the handoff. That doesn't seem any better.

What I am currently planning is basically group muling. There will be a config value in the first release that toggles standard drop muling with group muling. Group muling being, if any bot is full of items it will create a new normal game and perm it. Once permed it will tell all other bots that a muling is in progress. Other bots will respond that they are coming. Once all bots have joined they game, they will all drop all their items that need to be muled and then the muling will be divy'd up to all the bots in the game at an account level. So for example, if you have 15 mules on 3 different accounts and you have 4 bots running... when one bot gets full he will go create a game, perm it, the other 3 bots will come into the game, they all drop their items. The 'master' bot (the one who created the game) will look at all items on the ground and determine which mule characters will pick up which items. At this point he sees that there are 3 different accounts with mules that need to be brought into the game. He will assign one mule account to himself, and 1 to each of 2 of the other bots. The fourth bot will be released to continue botting. The three bots that are muling will log into each character in their account that needs to be logged in an pick up the items that belong on that mule character.

You will also define a catch all dynamic bot account where if an item doesn't match any of your defined mules it will be put on the catch all account. So for real newbies, all they will have to do is define a catch all account and a few other simple set up steps and they will be off and running.

A dynamic account (I already have this working) means that if the mule character on that account gets full it creates a new one. If the account is full of characters it creates a new account. You just define the prefixes. So say your account prefix is 'D3STROY3R_Mules' and your character prefix is 'D3STROY3R_Mule', (haven't decided if the script will create the initial account and character yet, that isn't coded yet if I decide to do it) your first account would be D3STROY3R_Mules1 and your first character would be D3STROY3R_MuleA. If D3STROY3R_MuleA gets filled up, it will automaticallly create D3STROY3R_MuleB. Once D3STROY3R_MuleH is full it will create account D3STROY3R_Mules2 and then continue with D3STROY3R_MuleI.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 am 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

there is no reason to mule multiple accs simultaneously its not very efficient... and having an additional mule start up doesn't really change anything cdkey wise u get on new cdkey and get off it, it shouldn't affect any other bots
coordinating between multiple characters doesn't seem like a good idea to me, one bot might have very little other might have alot why stop the one that had very little? not to mention you have the possibility of mule overflow requiring 2 mules for anything beyond 1 characters worth of gear for example 1 char worth of gear + 1 item would cause the overflow

also i dont see how you plan on having a config variable to control muling, since variables don't have shared name space i dont see that working, you would be better off implementing sendcopydata and i still don't see how you plan on requesting new mule with current oog since afaik the api doesnt allow on the fly account access

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am 

User
User

Why would you have another cdkey that is not in use that you could 'get on'?? Why wouldn't a bot be running with that cdkey? It confuses me that you talk about being efficient in the next part of your message but you assume you have a cdkey that is just sitting there not having a bot run on it which is WAY more inefficient....

I'm not striving to be the most efficient possible system. I guess I could add some things to my todo list to allow people to be as efficient as possible. Eventually you could configure the group muling so they they only go mule if they are above x% full when they get notice that a muling is taken place.

And I am using sendcopydata for communication. Like I said, I am basically implementing a semi-OOG.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:38 am 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

[quote="[url=http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?p=4533361#p4533361]Brewhaus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 pm[/url]"]Why would you have another cdkey that is not in use that you could 'get on'?? Why wouldn't a bot be running with that cdkey? It confuses me that you talk about being efficient in the next part of your message but you assume you have a cdkey that is just sitting there not having a bot run on it which is WAY more inefficient....

I'm not striving to be the most efficient possible system. I guess I could add some things to my todo list to allow people to be as efficient as possible. Eventually you could configure the group muling so they they only go mule if they are above x% full when they get notice that a muling is taken place.

And I am using sendcopydata for communication. Like I said, I am basically implementing a semi-OOG.[/quote]

well i use like 6-8 keys per bot and still have many leftover so maximing cdkeys was never a priority for me
having a pool of cdkeys sitting around for muling is fine with me i dont think its inefficient, but doing group mule is imo
even with group muling you still need x number of mules for x number of bots so there is no reason to have shared game and unless you are running like 30+ bots its very unlikely you will have 5 or more at any given time with above X% full, item gathering distribution is not linear and not consistent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 am 

User
User

It is inefficient. If you have 8 bots going and 5 extra cd keys, then you could have 13 bots going. You are missing out on what those 5 bots could be getting you. If there is some reason that you can't have more characters logged in then they can't be logged in for muling either. You are in fact, pushing for efficiency in one area while wanting inefficiency in another.

And you don't need x number of mules for x number of bots unless your bots carry no charms, no tomes of teleport or town portal, no keys, and no cube.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:10 pm 

User
User

IMO, this muling script would be very useful, though it will need to take into account the 4 chars per ip per game server limit, in order to avoid any possible side effects.

Brewhaus, while your logic to CD-Key usage makes sense to anyone seeking perfection, reality steps in and gives some very justifiable reasons for people to have unused keys. Someone may have more then 8 keys and not want to use a proxy, or they could have swap keys to continue botting after restrictions, or even the simplest of possibilities, lacking the computing power to run more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 pm 

User
User

GreatBob, I agree. The point is, if there is a good reason why you can't run another bot (CPU, not using a proxy, etc...) then you also can't just throw up a new instance for a mule either. If there is a limitation preventing you from using an extra cd-key on another bot, then that limitation will apply to a mule.

I thought about the four characters per game thing and I plan on making sure only 4 bots at a time do their muling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 pm 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

not true, if you are using all of your keys at all times you will rd very fast; i usually have a pool of 100 unused keys at any time during my key rotations so once again keys are not the problem

and i suppose you dont need linear number of mules per bot if you are playing expansion, i am a almost exclusively classic player so i carry nothing but 4 slots of portals

regardless, i think you are over complicating trying to optimize cdkey usage ( this actually hurts not helps )
and trying to coordinate muling multiple characters in the same game has no real advantage; the steps i outlined create a very good muling algorithm without many special cases to deal with

i still dont know how you are requesting a mule window to open from the current oog api afaik, there is no way you can dynamically call for a instance + log in using a parameter passed pw/acc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 pm 

User
User

I don't request a new mule window from OOG, that is the point. I guess I don't understand what you are saying but you clearly don't understand what I am saying either.

(Ignore group muling, it is just an idea I have, I agree it probably isn't as efficient, lets just talk about drop muling).

There is some maximum number of clients any person can have logged into a realm at any time, let's call that X. It doesn't matter what limitations create your X, whether you are limited by cd keys, processor load, connections per ip, or a combination of cdkeys and games per hour (so you don't hit realm down), there is still some maximum.

If you are running X (the maximum) number of bots for your situation, you can not add another client to the equation to do muling, you are already at your maximum. At any number less then X it is ALWAYS more efficient to add another bot and have the bots do their own drop muling then it is to leave that spot free for muling requests that come in.

There is no reason to write code for that scenario when any efficiency you lose due to do drop muling can be more then made up by simply adding another bot. It is never the most efficient option.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

how are you creating a mule window?

thats the only question i have for you, i dont care wtf u are implementing current oog will not allow you to request a mule

what i am guessing is you get a full char then u perm the game then u drop your stuff, log out get on mule char log in pick up items log out then go back to botting...

if thats the case, that is not real muling, if thats not the case please elaborate on how you are requesting a new diablo 2 window to open and come to your mule game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:54 am 

User
User

Haha, how is it not 'real muling'?? I'm sorry I didn't consult you to get the definition of 'real muling' before I told people I was writing a muling script. Yes, that is what I am currently doing, I was doing it the other way by requesting that another bot stop, log in a mule and pick up stuff but that takes 2 windows time instead of one.

I have no need to request a new window to open. That is the point of my last post, if you have resources available to have another window open, why wouldn't you have another bot running? I have 4 cdkey sets, so I have 4 bots running, I can't request a new window because all of my resources are in use.

I like that you have no response to my post so you throw out the "That's not real muling" argument.

You're welcome to not use anything I write when I'm done dude, I'm not going to force it down your throat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:40 am 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

if you are drop "fake" muling which is also unsafe regardless of how permed your game is why are you even posting about the oog
drop muling can be done 100% independent of the oog just look at how it was implemented in d2nt, it should be trivial to do...

have a flag in the starter file that triggers a case from lobby if certain percent of stash is full... create game drop items wait 3 mins save game name + pw into text file log out of that char get on another char in that same account go to game pick items reset flag go on with muling...

the reason thats not real muling is because thats drop muling a mule is a separate character that comes when you call it to come pick up your stuff... drop muling and hoping the game survives is like xfering in a pub game...

next, if you have 4 cdkeys you cant reasonably even run 4 bots... if you have 4 keys you dont even need muling just use a decent enough pickit so your char doesnt fill up... only reason you need muling is if your running like double digit bots where unloading them can take along time... 4 chars takes like 5 mins...

2nd, having cdkeys doesnt mean that you should run extra bots... id rather run 4 bots 24/7 using 6 keys each then run 24 bots for 1 hour...

for muling you have resources to request new window for like 1 min then it goes away... its not permanent and its very unlikely you will get more than 4 chars on the same d2gs server so having a mule come up once in a while should be no problem

if you are drop muling then you dont need anything from oog just copy what d2nt does and stop wasting your time on this crap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 am 

User
User

I have the 'flag' in starter, the problem is the oog keeps trying to join the next game while the mule script is trying to log you out and log the mule in. Stuff gets messed up. If you know of some way to make that not happen I'm all ears.

It's not muling, it's drop muling? That has the word muling right in it. I understand that you think it isn't the best way to do it but how you can say one type of muling is not muling is beyond me.

I guess I just haven't been botting long enough or don't understand why you say you can't bot 4 characters reasonably. I ahve botted 4 characters 24/7 on 4 cdkeys without a problem for weeks straight. I guess I just don't get it.

*edit* - gdi, you are right, don't need to pause OGG, I am retarded, I figured it out. Well, thanks for getting me passed the hurdle I couldn't figure out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:12 pm 

User
User

Hey, just an FYI, you can do what you were wanting to do. I jsut tested it and it does start a new window.

sendCopyData(null, "OOG", 0,"Start JoeSchmoe");

This starts the JoeSchmoe OOG profile in a new window. You can then have scripts take over the window and do whatever with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:33 pm 

D2BS Dev
D2BS Dev

[quote="[url=http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?p=4533592#p4533592]Brewhaus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:12 am[/url]"]Hey, just an FYI, you can do what you were wanting to do. I jsut tested it and it does start a new window.

sendCopyData(null, "OOG", 0,"Start JoeSchmoe");

This starts the JoeSchmoe OOG profile in a new window. You can then have scripts take over the window and do whatever with it.[/quote]

right so you are going to create a new profile for every single mule char you have?
which is why oog needs the functionality to dynamically login to an account (something not already made into a profile)
but yeah i no u can tell it to start a new profile, it just needs more parameters (like acc/pass)

afaik, oog works by using the parameter from getLocation so i would say do this:
create additional thread independent of "starter.dbj" that will do your muling

when you need to mule use the script pause on default and starter so that your new thread can go mule and stuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next