Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Teach me to play SC2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:03 am 

User Gold
User Gold

Bought the game a little over a month ago and haven't played anything other than some use map games (squadtd, gemtd, desert strike etc) but haven't actually played the actual multiplayer. Anyone care to join up with me and show me the ropes? I'm most familiar with Terran but that's not saying much since I don't really know dick.

Post subject: Re: Teach me to play SC2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 am 

Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Good luck! Play vs the CPU and work on build orders and expanding and stuff. Then just play mass games and watch replays and learn from that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm 

User
User

In custom games search for "coach"

There will be 2 maps available (On NA Server)

One is dead, and doesn't work on the new patch, and it's the much better one.
But the other is really good too.

Start a game of Coach Griffith's map
Play vs AI (hard, not VHard) and just work on your macro.
Seriously, ignore everything else but macro.
Work on expanding before 8 mins, then expand again at 12 mins
Aim to have 70 workers between all your bases, and max out at 200/200 asap.

The map will ping you when your making mistakes, and it's a huge help to start building those habbits of making pylons/depots or always be producing units.

Remember, if your just starting out, the difference between bronze and platinum, is macro, not micro.

Steps in being a good player:

Learn how to expand and make money
Learn how to spend the money you make
Learn how to micro your units

Pm me if your interested in talking more.
I run a small team, and just launched a website for the SC scene in the area that I live in.
I pretty much commit all my time to this game :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 pm 

User
User

I will help you if you like, but if you're completely new to RTS games I may have trouble determining exactly the best way to approach teaching you. If you're coming in with experience then I can surely help.

skit.513,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 pm 

User
User

I suggest you use teamliquid as a resource.

absorb as much as you can, while you play to develop your own style..

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=284255

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 am 

User Gold
User Gold

don't listen to these goons. im going to assume you are in bronze if you are just starting.
ladder, ladder, and you guessed it ladder!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:58 am 

User
User

The map will ping you when your making mistakes, and it's a huge help to start building those habbits of making pylons/depots or always be producing units.

Remember, if your just starting out, the difference between bronze and platinum, is macro, not micro.

I run a small team, and just launched a website for the SC scene in the area that I live in.

This is VERY VERY true, Macro - Not Micro - Get a Logitech G150 keyboard, (Look Here/Below And Note: i know i said G150, the image below is of the G510, The G150 and G510 are almost identical, just some small app differences...) Image This is the keyboard I have, it's got 18 Macro keys (Far left hand side) You yourself can program EACH key to More than 1 button on the keyboard (say you want something simple like a protoss pylon (and say B is Build and P is Pylon, though its not (unless i've been outdated, and it's changed)) You can program G1 to "B P" in that order, and it'll do 2 keystrokes in 1 for you - NOTE: Anything capable on the keyboard is capable on the G150 keyboard... with that being said, you can do 5-6 keystrokes programmed to 1 of the G keys... ect... enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: The G150 keyboard is pricey (compared to normal keyboards, Lower cost than the G510), but it does more than just Binds keystrokes, it can keep track of RSS feeds, Weather, (If you like FPS's such as Battlefield BC2 - this keyboard's display will show health, weapon, ect; as for WoW - it shows Hit points, Weapon damage, Magic, Defence, Ect...) - INSTALL IT WITH THE CD THAT COMES WITH IT, and you can change the backlight color on the keys to one of a million different colors...

For a complete list of some games and apps the G-series keyboards have, Refer Here -
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/265/554?debug=0 - Game List & Utilities (Xfire, ect) *Not a COMPLETE list*

"I always say, as you know, that if my fellow citizens want to go to Hell I will help them. It's my job."
Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:13 pm 

User
User

This is VERY VERY true, Macro - Not Micro - Get a Logitech G150 keyboard, (Look Here/Below And Note: i know i said G150, the image below is of the G510, The G150 and G510 are almost identical, just some small app differences...) Image This is the keyboard I have, it's got 18 Macro keys (Far left hand side) You yourself can program EACH key to More than 1 button on the keyboard (say you want something simple like a protoss pylon (and say B is Build and P is Pylon, though its not (unless i've been outdated, and it's changed)) You can program G1 to "B P" in that order, and it'll do 2 keystrokes in 1 for you - NOTE: Anything capable on the keyboard is capable on the G150 keyboard... with that being said, you can do 5-6 keystrokes programmed to 1 of the G keys... ect... enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: The G150 keyboard is pricey (compared to normal keyboards, Lower cost than the G510), but it does more than just Binds keystrokes, it can keep track of RSS feeds, Weather, (If you like FPS's such as Battlefield BC2 - this keyboard's display will show health, weapon, ect; as for WoW - it shows Hit points, Weapon damage, Magic, Defence, Ect...) - INSTALL IT WITH THE CD THAT COMES WITH IT, and you can change the backlight color on the keys to one of a million different colors...

For a complete list of some games and apps the G-series keyboards have, Refer Here -
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/265/554?debug=0 - Game List & Utilities (Xfire, ect) *Not a COMPLETE list*

any keyboard with a macro key does that shit and you're better off just hitting the keystrokes as intended because you want to keep you hand in the relative area of all the other useful hotkeys. there are no items or secrets that make you good, you just have to play and practice until you understand what is going on in each game because you've experienced similar things first hand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm 

User
User

I can help you learn Terran at least to a diamond/platinum level. I have a lot of knowledge but mediocre mechanics. Feel free to add me, Nugzbunny.165.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:12 am 

User
User

First time for this game hopping to get more information's and weapons to use.. looking forward for the info thanks.