- Install AutoHotkey
- Unzip anywhere and run item_grab.ahk
- Mouse over item, hit F7, mouse over next item F7 again
- Creates files item_0.png item_1.png item_2.png etc etc with each press
- Works about 90% of the time, if it's working worse for you, just replace item_top.bmp and item_bot.bmp with your own version. Take a screenshot of an item you're viewing and grab the top left 8x8 corner pixel area and bottom right 8x8 corner pixel area
- The diablo curses will flash off for a second if the screenshot worked and obviously a file will be created as well
- Screenshot over 100 items in under a minute, no cropping necessary
If anyone has ideas for how to improve the reliability of the capture I'd be happy to implement them. I've found that this is the most effective method so far in my testing (using the corners with a 10 pixel fuzziness).