Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ever been seriously wronged by a "friend"?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:13 am 

User
User

Ah, this is probably going to be a tl;dr for most of you, but I'm writing it more for myself than anything.

Well, this happened a while back, perhaps a year or so, and I was mowing earlier today and hell, what else do you do when mowing besides think?

In light of certain events (my girlfriend of a year and I just split up) I was just thinking about past disappointments and this came up.

It'd probably be best to start out by saying this is a story about a girl.

This particular girl I was absolutely in love with; however I was at an utter dead-stop in the friendzone.

Now, here is where the opinions will begin to differ -

This friend of mine knows exactly how I feel towards this girl, and on numerous occasions (I talked about her a lot back then) told me just how much he was not interested in her. Oddly enough they meet by chance one day, and hit it off. I mean, they don't say anything, but I'm not blind.

Now, I say a good friend would be "hands off" ya know? Well, I don't think I would have even cared that much if he told me he was interested in her, but no, he assured me that she was just 'not his type'.

This goes on for about two weeks, and then one day I get a call from this girl telling me how he humped and dumped her. Granted, it's her fault just as much as his, I still can't help but cringe at the sound of his name. Also, I guess it would be fair to say she was a virgin at the time.

I felt a lot of things that day, betrayal probably being at the top of that list, it was just.. a very good learning experience as far as the nature of people goes.

So, now that I'm done bitching about that, how about some of your stories EoN.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:19 am 

User Gold
User Gold

I never had friends that do terribly retarded shit to me. Guess I'm lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:20 am 

User
User

just curious, why didn't you ask her out or anything before he made his move? you must have known her for a long time to have fallen so deeply in love with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:23 am 

User
User

Foxtrot wrote:
just curious, why didn't you ask her out or anything before he made his move? you must have known her for a long time to have fallen so deeply in love with her.

You're right. I've known her since probably kindergarten. Alas, it was a vulnerable time in my life, and I can honestly say it was a confidence issue with myself.

Not to say we hadn't dated before, I was just still very much into her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:29 am 

User Gold
User Gold

xnarcotic wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:

You're right. I've known her since probably kindergarten. Alas, it was a vulnerable time in my life, and I can honestly say it was a confidence issue with myself.

Did you actually ask her and she said she wasn't interested (ie; just be friends)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:29 am 

User
User

I don't rely on anyone but myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:33 am 

User
User

Soulzek wrote:
xnarcotic wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:

Did you actually ask her and she said she wasn't interested (ie; just be friends)?

There was a point when we were discussing it, and she said she just didn't feel that way about me.

Now, I suppose it could be said that I should have just backed off and let my friend have her.
This may have been the case if he wasn't the guy I knew he was, and he proceeded to do exactly what I knew he would. Use her for sex for two weeks and then move on to something new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:12 am 

User Gold
User Gold

I've never had something like that happen.

All my friend offenses have been minor, one stole about $50 from my room, I caught him, and he made some bullshit story about how he had to pay some gangster kid and he'll pay me back soon. I said I would have lent it to him if he had asked, but I haven't talked to him since. (I would have considered him my best friend at the time)

The only other one is a friend who I hang out with at school, and we hang out all the time, and we have a lot of the same friends. But when basketball season comes around, he becomes a lush clubhead and only goes to the basketball teams' parties. (He isn't even that good, he's JV bench as a sophomore.) I'll invite him to lunch, and I'll lend him money for food, then he'll have his basketball friends pick him up. Its sorta just like wtf?

That was alot more than I planned on writing...

Well back on topic, no matter what, people always look out for number one first. They don't realize that sometimes number 2 is more important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:15 am 

User
User

Quote:
Well back on topic, no matter what, people always look out for number one first. They don't realize that sometimes number 2 is more important.

I'm finding this more and more true every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:17 am 

Humans are very selfish, if we knew everything that our friends did to us behind our backs all at once, we would despise them.

And no I doubt it's just me. I find myself in certain groups we will talk about someone who isn't there and talk about "some things that bother us about him/her". But when you put all of those occasions together, it can be mean.

Although I do have 4-5 friends I would never say anything bad about. But I just mean "A good friend is hard to find".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:20 am 

User
User

Ultima.55 wrote:
Humans are very selfish, if we knew everything that our friends did to us behind our backs all at once, we would despise them.

And no I doubt it's just me. I find myself in certain groups we will talk about someone who isn't there and talk about "some things that bother us about him/her". But when you put all of those occasions together, it can be mean.

Although I do have 4-5 friends I would never say anything bad about. But I just mean "A good friend is hard to find".

Well, the thing about that is, I admit I do talk about people, but I expect them to do the same to me.

Like you, I have friends that I'd never say anything about, but there are just some that irk me more often than not. I just considered what this specific guy did to be unforgivable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:22 am 

xnarcotic wrote:
Ultima.55 wrote:

Well, the thing about that is, I admit I do talk about people, but I expect them to do the same to me.

Like you, I have friends that I'd never say anything about, but there are just some that irk me more often than not. I just considered what this specific guy did to be unforgivable.

Yea I agree with you, I was just saying what was on my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:23 am 

User
User

Ultima.55 wrote:
xnarcotic wrote:
Ultima.55 wrote:

Oh, I wasn't meaning to sound offensive, sorry if that's how I came off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:28 am 

xnarcotic wrote:
Ultima.55 wrote:
xnarcotic wrote:
Ultima.55 wrote:

Oh, I wasn't meaning to sound offensive, sorry if that's how I came off.

Once again, just saying. You didn't sound condescending at all.

(/circle jerk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 am 

User
User

Haha.. that reminds me of a time at Memphis in May playing hackey sack with a bunch of hippies.

Good times.