This will modify the resource node models so you can see them better. This could be done for mines, chests, or just about anything.
1) Download My Warcraft Studio from here
2) Open My Warcraft Studio. Click on the File menu, and choose Open MPQ archive.
3) Browse to the Data folder. You will find that inside your WoW directory (duh). Open 'model.mpq'.
4) For an example, change the Firebloom model. It is located under World/SkillActivated/TradeskillNodes/Bush_Firebloom.m2. An '.m2' model can be replaced by any other '.m2' model.
5) Choose a model to replace the Firebloom. Try using something easy to see, like a treasure chest. The treasure chest is under World/SkillActivated/Containers/TreasureChest01.m2.
6) Right click on the treasure chest file. Choose Extract File To... Save it on your desktop.
7) Close My Warcraft Studio.
8) Open up the WoW directory. Browse to the Data folder.
9) Create a directory tree with the exact path as the Firebloom model.
This case sensitive. The directory 'World' is in the 'Data' folder. It should be:
10) In the very last folder (for this example the TradeskillNodes), copy the m2 file from your desktop.
11) Rename the copied file to the same name as the Firebloom file. For this example it would be: Bush_Firebloom.m2.
12) Restart WoW.
13) The Firebloom now looks like chests.
FYI, Blizzard frowns upon anyone messing with these files and this may get you banned.
A little reading goes a long way.
Post count means nothing.
For Snarg, my ass is always open.