Blizzhackers

We're Still Here

* Login     * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

MuleFactory

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: SocksCap Tutorial [AKA - Get Around Realm Down]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:17 am 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

I got tired of everyone always asking how to get around a IP ban in Diablo II.... So I decided to write this tutorial.

*This tutorial is specifically directed towards Diablo II. You can do this with any other program, but you'll have to modify some of the steps.*

Step 1: Download SocksCap from :
http://archive.socks.permeo.com/cgi-bin/download.pl and install it. (Link broken: Click for a similar free program)

Step 2: Open SocksCap

Step 3: Accept the T.O.S.

Step 4: Click OK when it tells you when it will expire. Then when it asks if you would like to modify the settings now, click yes.

Step 5: It will look like this:

In the field "SOCKS Server:" enter the socks server you are going to use. In the field "Port:" enter the port of the socks server you are using (the default port for a socks server is 1080). Make sure that the socks server you are using is either a Socks 4 or Socks 4/5 server (both v4 and v5 are useable on that server). Make sure that the bullet next to "Socks Version 4" is selected. In the field "SOCKS User ID:" anything is acceptable. Put your name, or your nickname, or simply put "none". Click "Apply" and "OK" and proceed.

Step 6: You'll have a window that looks like this:

Press the "New" Button. You'll get a box that looks like this:

For "Profile Name:" you can enter anything, for this tutorial I'm going to use "Diablo II". In "Command Line:" you can either type out the path to your Diablo II file or you can click the Browse button and find it easier. If you used the Browse method, then the "Working Directory" was automatically filled in for you. If you typed it in manually, you can leave the "Working Directory" blank and click OK. It will fill it in for you. Before you press OK it should look like this:

If it is correct, press OK and proceed to the next step.

Side Note: If you run Diablo II in windowed mode, or use the -mpq or other extensions, you can edit them in the "Command Line:" part.

Step 7: Now select the profile that you made. Click on the button that says "Run!" labeled below.

Step 8: Play the game (or use the application) as you usually would. But, now you are connecting to the game server through the socks server, which acts as a "inbetween man". The game server sees the socks server's IP instead of yours. Viola! You got around the IP ban.

-------------------------

If you do not connect to the game server, one of three things could cause it.

1) The socks server you are trying to use is dead right then.
2) The socks server you are trying to use is not the right version (Socks v4 / v5).
3) You messed up on one or more of the steps.

If the connection is very laggy, that just means that you are using a slow socks server. Try a different one. You can use programs to check the timeout of a socks server. A timeout of three seconds or less is good.

-------------------------

I hope many of you find this of great use. If I messed up on a step, I'm sorry. Let me know and I'll correct it. PLEASE DO *NOT* PRIVATE MESSAGE ME WITH ISSUES YOU HAVE; POST THEM HERE. IF YOU PM ME WITH QUESTIONS YOU WILL BE IGNORED AND YOUR MESSAGE WILL BE DELETED!

Last edited by Rdizziedog on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:25 pm 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

stickied

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:33 pm 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Great guide. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:54 pm 

User
User

thnx for help, got past IP ban.

one question, is there a way to run d2loader/bot using sockscap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:17 pm 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Yes, but you'll need to add a new item to the sockscap list as whatever you're trying to load and point it to that exe file (or link to exe file).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:53 am 

User
User

ok, in my sockscap control panel, I have Diablo2 and Pindlebot. If I run the diablo shjortcut through sockscap then I can get past the IP ban. But if I run Pindlebot through Sockscap, it just goes to the login screen and quits.

I then opened D2 through Sockscap and logged in, then ran pindlebot through sockscap, it entered the game ame and random password as it always does, but it quits when it tries to enter a game. The delays are all the same as before, and they shouldnt be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:55 am 

User
User

am using rishodis pbot if thats any help.

also when i run d2 socksified then pickit doesnt load, as it normally would.

any help or guidance on this matter is appreciated.

thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:38 am 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Try making your command line look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo 2\Diablo II.exe" -title "Diablo II"

and add in any other paremters that you wish. I think that might fix the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:38 am 

User
User

well after clicking and filling stuf out about 6 times it finally did what u said it would do....
and it's about damn time too! lol
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:36 am 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Lol, no problem. I hope you get a lot of use from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:43 am 

User
User

for some reasons it dun work for me
i did all the things u said but dun work
it alwayz stay at the connecting to b.net stage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:01 pm 

User
User

rDizZieDoG wrote:
Heres a small list of socks 4 servers with a 2 second timeout.

um i don't get the whole time out thing, could u explain it to me cause i m dumb? cause the way i m thinking it works is
-i am on dial up so a 2 second time out would be a very bad thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:06 pm 

User
User

man i need to get this working : (
wait is this only wait for muti player or close battle net ?
just dun want to waste ma time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:42 pm 

Retired Mod
Retired Mod

coweata: In the future when asking me questions, please try to type right so I can actually understand what you're saying... The Socks server that you were using was probably dead. Socks servers die very quickly these days, and its hard to find nice fast ones. Keep trying different ones that I've posted until you get one that works. "Socksifying" a program works with pretty much anything.

R5N: In brief, the "timeout" is how fast the Socks server is. Think of it as you sending a message to the server, and it sending a message back to you. The time it takes for that process to complete is called the "timeout" process. A timeout with 30 seconds would be extremely slow, and a timeout with 2 seconds is very fast. You need a fast socks servers to play games on, etc. I've found that 5secs and below is good. The Socks servers that you talked about, I tested them with a 2 sec timeout. Get it now? Sorry if this explanation is a bit weird, I'm not thinking very straight right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:55 pm 

User
User

sorri about my english ~
but any way ~ i try like 20 ips they do the same thing .....
so where can i get fast ip from ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next