This information is taken from this
The Hero Editor program is free to use.
If you want to re-distribute the software, please obtain permission from ZonFire99
FIRST: READ THESE Do's and Don'ts
1) If you have a firewall (such as the WinXP built-in firewall), make sure you don't block downloads from www.ladderhall.com
, or your download file will have 0 bytes.
Also make sure that you don't have pop-ups blocked from www.ladderhall.com
, and allow cookies. You might also find it necessary to add www.ladderhall.com
to your list of trusted sites (see below). In some cases (e.g. Norton Internet Security), you may need to turn off your firewall to successfully download Hero Editor.
2) If you are using Windows 2000, NT, or XP, then make sure you have Administrator rights when you install Hero Editor. If you are the only user of your computer, then probably already have Administrator rights. Also, make sure that you have installed all patches to your operating system. If not, you will probably get errors about not having various windows files installed correctly.
3) After you have installed and started Hero Editor, press and release the F1 key, and a Help file will pop up that will give you a description about how to use some of the features of Hero Editor.
4) Hero Editor usually requires that you are using an English version of Windows and your computer is set for single byte letters/Unicode, NOT multiple byte letters/UniCode. (NOTE: I have never had this problem, but others tell me this solved the problem for them.) From your Control Panel (Start > Settings > Control Panel) run Regional Settings, look for something about Unicode. Make sure the Unicode setting is for single bytes. Then make sure you have the language setting for English. If set incorrectly, you will probably get error messages such as "unknown stat found: 21".
5) If you left click on an item picture and the mouse cursor jumps to the bottom right of the screen, then go into the Options tab and in Option (5) “WinXP Mouse Jump Correction”, select “Disable Mouse Centering”.
6) If pictures don't seem to line up properly, you probably need to set your screen to use Small Fonts.
SECOND: Known Bugs in Hero Editor V0.96:
1) Poison damage display is often not correct.
THIRD: Where do you get Hero Editor?
Click here for the HERO EDITOR program
, complete with automatic installation of any required files (5,579 KB). I recommend EVERYONE uses this option.
Download the ZIP file into a new directory. UNZIP it. There should be three files ("setup.lst", "setup.exe", "Hero Editor.CAB"). Run (double click) the"setup.exe" file (or just "setup", if you have known file extensions hidden), and follow the directions (Click on the big button, on the left side). BTW, if a message comes up re “Version Conflict”, answer yes (to keep the newer file that you already have).
For any questions we can not cover here, visit here
. This is singularly the BEST resource for Open bnet hacking ever created all the editors from early Jamella thru to Zonfires and Mitjas Diabolic lots of useful information helpful hints research and instructions.
A little reading goes a long way.
Post count means nothing.
For Snarg, my ass is always open.