Blizzhackers

Home of the Dupe since 2001

* Login   * Register    * FAQ    * Search

Join us on IRC: #bh@irc.synirc.net (or Mibbit Web IRC)

MuleFactory

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Using Fake Coupons
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:36 am 

Nearly Banned
Nearly Banned

Has anyone used any of the fake coupons besides the Monster ones?

I'm doing some research on this :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am 

Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

4Chan started doing fake coupons recently and a few of them actually got into legal trouble.

at a bestbuy and I had a guy try to use coupons on buy 1 game get 1 free and it was fake, manager was callled, door was locked, and police was called. Luckily a police was in the shopping center and came and got his ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am 

User
User

I Am Alpha wrote:
4Chan started doing fake coupons recently and a few of them actually got into legal trouble.

at a bestbuy and I had a guy try to use coupons on buy 1 game get 1 free and it was fake, manager was callled, door was locked, and police was called. Luckily a police was in the shopping center and came and got his ass

I don't see how you can get in trouble if you use the coupon and say it was e-mailed to you and you thought it was real and apologize.

edit: I should get a friend to come into my work and try to use it, if it works i'll give it to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am 

BHDev
BHDev

protosz wrote:
I don't see how you can get in trouble if you use the coupon and say it was e-mailed to you and you thought it was real and apologize.

I swear officer, I didn't know murder was illegal!

Ignorantia juris non excusat, idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:41 am 

Banned
Banned

Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:43 am 

Banned
Banned

I Am Alpha wrote:

best buy shut down for a shop lifter?

do you live in bumfuck, kansas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 pm 

User
User

Oxygen wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

idiot

That image has never made sense to me. I would totally download a car, fucking print me out a lambo or something, and drive it out of my house in a shower of debris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 pm 

User
User

http://i.imgur.com/P4VeE.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm 

User Gold
User Gold

Kruis08 wrote:
Oxygen wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

idiot

That image has never made sense to me. I would totally download a car, fucking print me out a lambo or something, and drive it out of my house in a shower of debris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRxfz_6E7o&fmt=34

[10:44] <Appelmoes> spades
[10:44] <Appelmoes> just get testicular cancer
[10:44] <Spades> you have to have balls to get testicular cancer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 pm 

User Gold
User Gold

A lot of people live by the philosophy if "it scans, it's good." If the barcode legitimately scans, then I don't have a problem using it.

A few years ago, Tylenol put out a manufacturer's coupon for $5 off any Tylenol product, obviously meant for the expensive shit. Me and my brother printed off probably 200 of them, and bought the $0.99 travel sized bottle at Target, giving us a net of $4 profit for each bottle we purchased. We hit 5-6 different target locations, and literally ended up with around $600 worth of groceries, and random things, for free... and a SHIT LOAD of tylenol.
This wasn't 'wrong' or anything, because all they have to do is send in the coupon to Tylenol and they get reimbursed for the full amount, so no one lost any money.

Around the same time, Target put out a coupon for $3 off any jar of salsa, but the barcode scanned for $8 off, we used a few of those each time we went (obviously with a large load of items, so it wasn't noticed), and ended up with more overage. That's how I survived my freshman year of college.

/story

Don't use obviously FAKE coupons, imo, unless it won't likely draw attention (I used a few fake "Free block of Velveeta cheese" coupons, but that was like $4, not $40 or whatever XBL costs). I've also used expired coupons, coupons meant for other products that scan any way, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm 

Banned
Banned

I saw one of these in the back at a store I works at saying to watch out for this coupon. I don't think they knew it was a fake and easily generated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:21 pm 

Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

"I didn't know the coupon was fake" and "I didn't know using fake coupons was illegal" are completely different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm 

User
User

knowitall wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

"I didn't know the coupon was fake" and "I didn't know using fake coupons was illegal" are completely different.

"I didn't know the gun wasn't fake" and "I didn't know using not fake guns to murder people was illegal" ARE different, you are right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:31 pm 

Op.Ivy wrote:
knowitall wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:
protosz wrote:

"I didn't know the gun wasn't fake" and "I didn't know using not fake guns to murder people was illegal" ARE different, you are right

You serious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm 

User
User

I know using fake coupons isn't illegal everywhere. But I don't know if it would be worth the risk. I don't really know if they would try to consider it fraud or not most places.

there used to be a dragon like this that would hit on me and I now want to puke every time i see this